Approved/Accepted Service Suppliers (AASS)
The following lists have the intention to supply the necessary information to owners, managers, ship personnel and also ICS Class' sureyors for the selection of Services Suppliers.
These lists follow the ICS Class Quality Management System with reference code I-CI-24(I) “Instructive Requirements for Services Suppliers” and the section 5.9 of the RO Code IMO MSC.349(92) and MEPC.237(65).
ICS Class Head Office would like to remind all ICS Class' surveyors to supply the necessary information to the Head Office in order to maintain these lists updated.
All Services Suppliers that would like to be part of these lists are invited to contact ICS Class Head Office directly via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and our technical department will guide you for the acceptance or approval of your company as applicable.
Note: For Panama flag vessels check also the MMC 258 (as amended) related to Approved Service Providers for Lifeboats, Launching Appliances and On-Load Release Gear. (Segumar Circulars)
How to use our database AASS:
As we have mentioned, this service will enable owners, managers, ship personnel and also ICS Classs surveyors to gain easy access to ICS Class Approved/Accepted Services Suppliers (AASS) within various technical fields using a excel file. The required service suppliers can now be identified by clicking on the relevant technical field (Name, Country, Address, Services, etc) using the the search possibilities (filter's options). Please be aware that this database is continuously updated.
We strong recommend to check out our Tutorial Video just click here: Tutorial Video for the use of AASS Database
Categories of Services Suppliers
For Statutory Services:
- Firms engaged in servicing inflatable liferafts, inflatable lifejackets, hydrostatic release units, inflatable rescue boats, marine evacuation systems
- Firms engaged in inspections and testing of radio communication equipment
- Firms engaged in inspections and maintenance of self-contained breathing apparatus
- Firms engaged in annual performance testing of Voyage Data Recorders (VDR) and simplified Voyage Data Recorders (S-VDR)
- Firms engaged in sound pressure level measurements of public address and general alarm systems on board ships
- Firms engaged in inspections of low location lighting systems using photo luminescent materials and evacuation guidance systems used as an alternative to low-location lighting systems
- Firms engaged in the servicing and maintenance of lifeboats, launching appliances, on load release gear and davit-launched liferaft automatic release hooks.
- Firms engaged in inspection, performance testing and maintenance of Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
For Classification and/or Statutory Services
- Firms engaged in thickness measurements on ships except
- non-ESP ships less than 500 gross tonnage and
- all fishing vessels.
- Firms carrying out in-water survey of ships and mobile offshore units
- Firms engaged in inspections and maintenance of fire extinguishing equipment and systems
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of closing appliances such as hatches, doors etc. with ultrasonic equipment
- Firms engaged in measurements of noise level on board ships
- Firms engaged in examination of Ro-Ro ship’s bow, stern, side and inner doors
- Firms engaged in testing of coating systems in accordance with IMO ResolutionMSC.215 (82), as amended, and IACS UI SC223 and/or MSC.288(87), as amended.
- Firms engaged in tightness testing of primary and secondary barriers of gas carriers with membrane cargo containment systems for vessels in service